View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Plum tree availability 

Post Plum tree availability
Looking for mail order source for Mirabelle Plum tree available Spring, 2005. Thank you, Margaret Lauterbach

Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:43 pm

Hello Margaret, I'm actually answering two search-questions with nearly the same answer... Looked through some nursery catalogs, then went to the latest and greatest tool for such things; The Internet, and searched "Google" via AOL. I went "3 pages" deep looking for a Mirabelle Plum tree; it sounds like a great plum! ...could that be the reason there's none to be found..?
I've never knowingly tasted one, and you've peaked my interest, but I'd left this question open so someone else could take a shot at locating it... and I've wanted you to know "we tried!" Sorry :( I couldn't help you "this year" - but you know what that means ~ there's always next :D !

Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:10 pm
Site Admin

Looks like we had scion wood for a Mirabelle De Nancy & New York Mirabelle at the 2003 scion exchange, which may be similar.

I don't have a list of varieties available at the '04 or '05 scion exchange. If anyone has a list, please let me know.

Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:23 pm
Profile WWW

I finally found the Mirabelle plums at Raintree Nursery, and since they were sold out of the Mirabelle de Metz and Herrenhausen Mirabelle, I ordered the Mirabelle 858 from Cornell University, signing the pledge not to propagate without permission.

A book I'm very enthusiastic about, "French Women Don't Get Fat," speaks glowingly of these plums. I thought this book was "my" find, but it seems it's now a best-seller. Thanks for your consideration and efforts.

Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]