[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Orchard Society Forums - View topic - Best Pears for Pollenation
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Best Pears for Pollenation 

Post Best Pears for Pollenation
I have a pear tree in my yard with about three types, and a bosc pear right next to it, but am not satisfied with the fruit set.
Is there a really good pollenator pear, like Winter Banana for apples?
:?:

Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:03 pm

Winter Nelis was the pollinator of choice for a long time. It's an outstanding winter pear, but the tree is a horrendous thing with spindly, hard-to-train growth and a terrible propensity to get sooty mold on it that makes dark streaks on the fruit.

Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:35 pm
Profile WWW

I'll see if I can get a dwarf then, just for the pollen.

Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:39 pm

Post Re: Best Pears for Pollenation
Recently got an anonymous letter about a hybrid Pear on Vashon Island that the bees seem to like. Whoever sent the message, please contact me off list.
Sounds interesting.

:lol:

Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:55 pm

Post Re: Unusual hybrid pears in SW Washington
A while ago someone told me of an unusual hybrid pear in SW Washington and that they were going to be up my way with a couple of them, but I never heard back.
If anyone on this list recalls the conversation about these 'volunteer' hybrid pears, please contact me.

David

Sat May 02, 2009 2:03 pm

“I have a pear tree in my yard with about three types, and a bosc pear right next to it, but am not satisfied with the fruit set.”

Are any of those types Bartlett? I’d consider a Bartlett pear tree one of the best pollinators – it’s even self-pollinating!

Sat May 02, 2009 3:03 pm

Sun May 03, 2009 8:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]