View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:17 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Chinese Apple Bagging Device 

Post Chinese Apple Bagging Device
For the past couple years I have been using a device I got from China.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWqST4zqAlI

It cost me about $100 per device plus shipping and handling and I sent the money Western Union on trust. I received them as ordered. The device is a bit problematic and I haven't worked out the bugs yet but I believe it has potential.

I can give more info on how to get one such device either from me, or the owner/marketer in China. Large purchase orders can be done through an Alibaba website but I haven't used that yet.

I am DonnieAppleseed@yahoo.com

What I don't know is if plastic bags will work against the Brown Marmorated Stink Bug and am curious if anyone has experience with that.... thanks....(in fact, I am curious if anyone in the Portland area in general has been badly bothered by the Stink Bug)

Everything in Seattle will be 3 weeks early, the bugs should be out in force this year.

Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:14 pm

Post Re: Chinese Apple Bagging Device
Hi:

I remembered you had alluded to trying some kind of device for bagging and I thought about asking about it but I never got to it. I'm glad you gave an update.

As for the BMSB, I have definitely encountered them in PDX. I have seen them on raspberries and peaches. I don't recall seeing them on the apples or Asian pears. I have seen damage done to the peaches usually before I get the footies on though I have been a little late in the past getting them on. (I don't have abundant peaches so the losses hurt. This is probably the last year for the tree.) I encountered the stink bugs on the raspberries before SWD concerns but I don't recall them doing much damage to them. Now I use my homemade drawstring bags to keep out SWD. The population of BMSB has not grown very much over the years.

Since I am talking about pests, I am hoping to stay on top of the bagging this year since I had damage last year from codling moth on my Asian pears.

redberry

Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:14 pm

Post Re: Chinese Apple Bagging Device
Thanks for posting, Don. I would love to hear the results of this process.
John S
PDX OR

Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:40 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 3 posts ]