Looks like an unhealthy specimen of poison oak! Is that right?
Exactly. Actually, a very young one. I've found that the key to recognizing this stuff is - the leaves
are shiny. Greasy. With the poison. That particular one in the picture - I dug it out and put it in a trash bag. I was wearing disposable "extreme duty" Nitrile gloves ( excellent deal at Harbor Freight ). I dug out
all the roots - kept following them. Threw the roots and the surrounding soil in the trash bag. Then I tossed the disposable gloves in the bag, and sealed it up. Then I washed my hands and the little shovel
with "Mean Green" soap, which is supposed to totally remove the poison.
I took no harm from the encounter.
- Jerry Kaidor