View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Establishing Mason Bees 

Post Establishing Mason Bees
What kind of luck has people, from the Mid Atlantic Regon of the USA had in establishing Mason Bees raised in the West i.e. HOS? :roll: :?: Thanks John

Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:51 am

Hi John! I've had no success, and gave up. I play bee now. Just get a good quality artist brush, about 1/4 inch wide, fine sable hair, and go to it when your fruit trees are blooming. Just dab from blossom to blossom. It just takes time and patience. I bought some mason bees about 2 years ago, built a house, followed the suggestions, and they hatched, but all flew away. For all I know, they found a home--don"t ask me to prove it. though.! You posted in Jan, and I just signed up. I live in New Jersey. No honey bees. Anyway, they wouldn't function in early April when my trees need pollinating. Bumble bees do my blueberries very well. I don't know who or what pollinates my strawberries or poor, old apple tree, but I get fruit. (The apple takes a break, sometimes) I also have a nectarine, two cherry, and two plum trees. These are the ones I pollinate. Hope this helps you in the future. Send me an email if I can help. Ken Barta

Sat May 19, 2007 9:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]