View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 *Grapefruit for cooler climates 

Post *Grapefruit for cooler climates
Hi again,

OH loves grapefruit, especially the pink ones. Does anyone know of any varieties for cooler (mild) climates? The temperature never gets down to freezing in winter but the summer is quite mild. Most grapefruit grown around here are VERY tart! We have a Wheeny which does quite well and OH likes the fruit off this bur I must confess to finding it a bit tart for me!

Thankyou

NellyG :)

Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:24 am

Perhaps Pummelo would be more to your liking. Have you tried them? Also magnesium and potassium would help the taste of your citrus.
Karl

Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:31 am

Andrew has been looking for a pummelo but hasn't found one (yet). Neither of us have ever tried one. I certainly have never even seen one! Our soil is ver poor but we have been adding HEAPS of good things and fertilizer etc, but will try increasing magnesium and potassium to see if that helps.

NellyG :D

Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]