View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:28 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 new member (florida apples) 

Post new member (florida apples)
Hi
I live in SW Florida zone 9B. I am looking for a apple tree for my area, that will produce fruit. I have a 3 year old 5 apple tree that had plenty of buds last year but no fruit. Is is now over 9 feet tall. Am I wasting my time or is there hope for this tree or any other type? All help and comments will be great
Brian

brianx2004x@aol.com :lol:

Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:35 pm

Post Welcome to HOS
Hi Brian,

Welcome to HOS. I am fairly new myself. I was interested in what you mean by 3 year old 5 variety tree. Do you mean one tree that has 5 different varieties of apples on it? If so, what varieties? Apples need a pollinator so you need 2 varieties in bloom at the same time. I am assuming whoever grafted the tree grafted pollinating varieties. Did any 2 varieties bloom at the same time? Was the tree bought locally? I am not sure but I think some apples require some cool weather to produce. Perhaps you are not getting enough cold temps. I wouldn't give up on a tree after 3 years but if it blooms and there are bees for pollination and a pollinating variety, you should get apples. Ok, I will let the experts answer now. This is just some of my thoughts.

Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:26 pm

This would have been better posted in the other forum. Not sure how many watch this forum.

Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:28 pm
Site Admin

I'm going to lock this topic, so all further discussion can occur in this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=575

Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:58 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 4 posts ]