View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Anybody Growing Peterson PawPaws in the Portland Area? 

Post Anybody Growing Peterson PawPaws in the Portland Area?
Shenandoa, Susquehanna, Rappahannock, Allegheny, Potomac or Wabash?

These varieties all sound very intriguing and I wonder how they'd do in our environment and if anybody is already growing these?

I hope to get to the All About Fruit Show earlier this year and get a taste of whatever PawPaws are on hand. Last year I got there pretty late. I got to taste Pennsylvania Golden, but I didn't care for them much. I was very disappointed because that was the one variety I had planted at the time.

I now also have a Wilson. I chose those two because they are supposed to be early ripening and orange fleshed.

Beyond that I have only tasted a few pawpaws of unknown varieties (probably seedlings). The first ones I had were really good and I'd like to graft something I know I'll like to my existing trees.

Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:16 pm

Post Seedling paw paws
I am growing 3 seedlings of paw paws. None are grafted varieties. All 3 are fruiting. I have tasted two and they are delicious. I am looking forward to tasting the 3rd variety in the next couple of months. I would like to try some other varieties, but I don't have room for more than 3 trees, even though it is my favorite fruit.
John S
PDX OR

Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]