View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Peach tree problems? 

Post Peach tree problems?
Absolutely brand new to growing peaches. Actually brand new to growing fruit. I purchased a 3 variety grafted semi-dwarf peach tree last year. The nursery said it would be perfectly ok to plant it in my greenhouse because I'm fairly high 1200' in the Cascades. This spring I had a gazillion blossoms and about 3' of growth. Thought I had pretty good pollination but only realized about 1/3 germination. Fertilized with manure when planted and side dressed with manure and every time I water, it gets 90-95F even with the exhaust fan going, it (5 min every 48 hrs) sprays on the manure to wash nutrients into soil. I believe. Substitute with compost tea about once a week. My peaches are starting to ripen but are only about 1/2 size of what I think they should be. Will they get bigger as they ripen? Did I not fertilize enough, prune enough. I thought since I had such poor pollination that I didn't have too many peaches on the tree but maybe I do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Greg

Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:59 am

Post Re: Peach tree problems?
I would think that the green house would inhibit bees from pollinating your fruit trees. Peaches are very, very challenging to grow here, but the greenhouse could help. You can self-pollinate them with an artist's paint brush. They might be smaller if you're growing them organically, but more flavorful and nutritious.
John S
PDX OR

Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]