View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 SHOULD we try to report spam? 

Post SHOULD we try to report spam?
There's another winner in the Hudson's Golden Gem thread, and Viron, you've got private mail disabled, so I must announce the $#@! thing to the entire forum. Or do you read everything that's posted soon enough that I needn't bother?

Thanks,

mh

Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:57 pm
Profile WWW

Marsha, I'll do what I can about both :oops: thanks, Viron

Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:45 am

Post Re: SHOULD we try to report spam?
Marsha, “Viron, you've got private mail disabled…” I just happened to be looking over ‘this side’ of the forum when I noticed that comment. With ‘private mail enabled,’ the problem has become folks sending their questions directly to me. I found the following this morning:

Friday, March 25, 2011 5:48 PM
“Hello Viron,

The following is an e-mail sent to you by [T] via your account on "HOS
Forums". If this message is spam, contains abusive or other comments you find offensive please contact the webmaster of the board at the following address: info@homeorchardsociety.org

Message sent to you follows
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I went to the Canby Scion event last weekend & picked up some grape
cuttings to root. Generally speaking, how long does it take the cutting to
develop a good enough root system to plant in the ground outside? Can
cuttings be transplanted into large pots outdoors or do they need to grow
in the ground?

Thanks.
”

…This is something I was concerned about and it’s a prime example of a question that should have been posted to the general forum. Lon would be their best bet. And, answering someone gives them my private e-mail, which I’d rather keep private.

With several past e-mails I’ve re-posted them to our general forum as ‘questions’ and attempted to give an answer there, but as I’ve made a personal policy not to respond to such direct contact, I will not personally answer the one above. When I have answered such direct questions it’s often begun a back & forth in which the ‘dissemination of knowledge’ doesn’t benefit anyone beyond the person asking the question. So I’ll hope this sender will re-post their question/s to the general forum …and if no one responds… I’ll take a crack at the answer there :|

Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]