View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Brown marmorated stink bugs 

Post Brown marmorated stink bugs
So I found a few Brown marmorated stink bugs (BMSBs?) on my purple raspberries. I couldn't find any damage though. I have never had them before. (I am in SW Washington - Camas).

I killed them in soapy water. But I am wondering what to expect next. Anyone out there who has experienced BMSBs?

I do not spray anything in my yard except compost tea, and I don't want to start.

Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:48 pm

Post Re: Brown marmorated stink bugs
Hi:

I posted a similar inquiry in 2013. I have seen them on a fairly regular basis over the years and earlier this year I saw them on my peach tree fruit. I suspect they damaged some of the young fruit with their feeding but the bad fruit are usually thinned out. I have seen them on my raspberries though not very many this year. In general, they have not turned out to be a very big problem. Spotted-winged drosophila is more of a concern for me.

Hope this helps.
redberry

Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:41 am

Post Re: Brown marmorated stink bugs
I have seen more and more of these shield like bugs recently. You have to crunch them to kill them. I keep seeing damage on my say, kiwis or pawpaws, and I can't find the slug. Then I look closely and eliminate the destructive creature.
John S
PDX OR

Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]