View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Blueberries 

Post Blueberries
Hi Folks-
I am interested in purchasing a number of types of blueberries. Where is the best place & price to obtain them?

Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:09 am

Burnt Ridge Nursery in Onalaska Washington has a good variety of blueberries to choose from. Their website:
http://www.burntridgenursery.com/

I have bought several plants from Burnt Ridge and they all had good root systems and came healthy.

I have Jersey (small berries), Spartan (large berries), Patriot, Chandler, and Toro. I tried to select them by berry size and by ripening date to spread out the harvest so I can eat fresh berries longer.

Some publications about Blueberries:
Cornell University Extension: Bulletin B-104 "Blueberry Growing in the Home Garden"
University of Idaho: Bulletin 815 "Growing Blueberries"
Oregon State University: Bulletin EC-1304 "Growing Blueberries in the Home Garden: & EC-1308 "BLueberry Cultivars for Oregon"

You should be able to download all of these from their respective Extension Service Publication websites.

Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:21 pm

You can also find a good selection from Cloud Mountain Farm http://cloudmountainfarm.com. A fruit and ornamental nursery specializing in plants for the Northwest, and they ship.

Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]