6:00 pm - 12:00 am
Clackamas County Fairgrounds
Saturday 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Main Pavilion Clackamas County Fairgrounds
Canby, OR 97013
Home Orchard Society’s famous annual fall tasting event, “The All About Fruit Show”, is for fruit enthusiasts of all ages!
See and taste hundreds of varieties of heirloom fruit from the Pacific Northwest including apples, pears, plums, grapes, kiwis, quince, and more. Home Orchard Society aims to help lots of folks launch into the pleasure of growing good fruit at home. If you love fruit or want to grow your own fruit trees, this is the place to be.
- Free with entry – hundreds of varieties of fruit to see and taste!
- The Apple Detectives will work to identify your unknown varieties. Check the website for the ID guidelines.
- Large fruit contest! Door Prizes!
- Speakers presenting on a diversity of fruit-growing topics (visit the website for the presentation schedule)
- Cider pressing demos & tastings (fun for the whole family!)
- HOS expert table to answer your fruit growing questions!
- Plants and trees for purchase from HOS or One Green World or order a custom grafted tree through HOS Make-A-Tree program.
- Plus … mason bee supplies, fruit socks, fruit tree growing publications, heirloom apples (limited quantity) & more for purchase!
– $5 for members (family $10)
– $7 for non-members (family $12)
– Free if you join HOS at this show!
If you would like to volunteer for the show, please contact us at HOS.firstname.lastname@example.org. Admission fee is waived for volunteers. You can choose your shift or volunteer for the day!
Saturday October 20th
11am Kim Galland from Clackamas Water and Soil Conservation District will talk about soil health
12:30 Joe Maresh will talk about keeping honey bees
2:00 Hard Cider Panel; Nic Wiman, OSU, Todd Morrill, Jeff VanElverdinghe
Sunday October 21st
11:00 Jessie Spain, Tree and Ladder, Beyond Applesauce: an introduction to 3 exciting plum, apple, and grape preserves
1:00 Marisha Auerbach, Permaculture Basics