Home Orchard Society Arboretum
January 26th, February 9th and 23rd
10am-2pm rain or shine!
Join Tonia Lordy, arboretum manager for 12 hours of individualized, side by side,
hands-on instruction in the art and science of fruit tree pruning.
This is a great opportunity for…
- Homeowners who have a few fruit trees, but are still timid about pruning
- Students who want to gain experience and build their resumes
- Landscape professionals who want to increase their marketability
- Certified arborists and tree-care workers who want to expand their knowledge too include proper techniques for fruit tree pruning
Topics we will cover: tool selection, basic pruning terminology, reasons for pruning, tree needs assessment, training systems, proper body mechanics, and safety.
Species we will cover: apples, pears, asian pears, kiwi, grapes, figs, persimmon, blueberries we will discuss stone fruit pruning as well but won’t be doing much work with them.
What you can expect…
- An on-line introductory packet with some of my favorite learning materials, including links to instructional videos
- A very small class so that each student has the opportunity to ask questions and get feedback
- The skills and confidence necessary to get out there and start pruning!!!
Cost: $125 for Home Orchard Society Members or volunteers and CCC students; $150 for non-members
Please email Tonia with questions or for a registration packet: email@example.com